Technology Information,Forecasting And Assessment council – (TIFAC)
Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme
For Women Having Science Qualification
If you have hunger to deal with latest scientific and technological inventions, this advertisement may be for you. The Department of Science and Technology had launched a Scholarship scheme last year for women having science qualifications for training in the area of intellectual property rights, especially in patent searches, understanding of patent specification and preparation of technology scan report. Looking at the overwhelming response received last year, DST is continuing the scheme this year too.
Long term Objectives :
1. Empower the talented and skilled women who ahve studied science, engineering and medicines to contribute effectively in the advancement of science and technology in the country.
2. Develop a pool of women in india ready to undertakes scientific and technical aspects of intellectual property rights.
Short term Objectives:
1. Train talented and skilled women who have studied science,engineering and medicines in patent searches and other aspects of intellectual property rights enabling them to seek specialized employment or be self employed.
2. Develop a core of professionals for preparing repots such as technology scan based on patent information.
3. Develop a pool of resource persons in intellectual property rights for conducting workshops on IPR.
1. Candidates should be M.Sc.,/Ph.D in physical sciences, chemical sciences, life sciences or B.Tech or B.E./M.Tech or MBBS/MS/MD/MVSc/MPharma with good academic record. candidates with higher qualifications can also apply.
2. Candidates should have a good familiarity with computers in handliing database, surfing the net and information searches.
3. Candidates with research experience,preparing project reports and experience of thesis writing will be prefered.
Candidates should not be more than 50 year of age and possess good health.
The Scholarship will be admissible for a period of one year and the amount of Scholarship will be maximum of Rs.10,000 per month for candidates having M.Sc., or B.Tech or MBBS and maximum of Rs.15,000 per month for Ph.D/M.Tech/MPharma/MVSc and M.S./M.D
During the period of scholarship candidates may be attached to specialized agencies dealing with intellectual property rights and attomeys firms. Post Scholarship placement is not the responsibility of TIFAC.
Selection Procedure :
Selection will be through a written test and interview. Short listed candidates meeting the eligibility criteria and appearing inn the merit list to be preparred by TIFAC will be called for the written test. A further shortlisiting of the candidates will be done after the written test for the purpose of interview and such seccessful candidates will be informed.
Application Procedure :
(a) Application must be sent in the format given in the end of the advertisement to therwise it will be rejected.
(b) Do not attach copies of the certificates along with the appliction.
(c) No communication will be entertained on this account.
(d) Since the Scholarship is strictly for a period of one year, no long leave (barring exceptional cases) shall be permitted during this tenure.
(e) No leave will be granted for completing/writing thesis if presently enrolled for Ph.D
(f) Candidates should be prepared for relocating themselves for training at the places selected by TIFAC.
(g) The appliction should be submitted in the prescribed format andshould reach latest by 13th June 2005 at the following address.
Patent Facilitating Centre
Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment council (TIFAC)
Cishwakarma Bhavan, A-Wing, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg , New Delhi -110 016
For Application Format please refer Employment News 14 – 20 May 2005